The KGUMSB strategy (2021-2026) core area is an acronym “LHA_RIG” which stands for LHA – God and RIG – Wisdom; meaning the wisdom of Gods in Dzongkha. It is this wisdom that will provide direction for the development to reach the aspirations as enshrined in the Act.
- Learner-centred to provide state of art medical and health education
- Human resources that are competent and motivated to fulfil the university aspirations and goals
- Academic that encompasses intellectual content, address societal needs, and a competency-based curriculum
- Research that contributes to evidence-based teaching-learning practice, critical thinking, intellectual development, to support informed policy decisions to enhance the quality of healthcare services, and drives passion within the faculty members and students providing a unique teaching-learning experience into a critical inquiry, analysis, discovery and innovation.
- Infrastructure and resources that support and create a conducive environment for student growth and academic learning, research and quality patient care services
- Good Governance that promotes professionalism with transparency, efficiency, accountability and national and international networks.