KGUMSB/HR (23)/2018/150 29th January 2018
Office Memo (VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT)
The Khesar Gyalpo University of Medical Sciences of Bhutan is pleased to announce the following vacancy. This is ONLY for the faculties from the Faculty of Nursing and Public Health, KGUMSB:
|Sl.No||Position Title||Equivalent position level||Qualification & experiences||
EX – 3
-Qualification: A minimum qualification of MSc/MPH/MD, preferably with Nursing background.
– Experience: Minimum of 10 years overall working experience including atleast 3 years management experience.
Reldri Academy of Health Sciences (RAHS), Phuntsholing
*Refer attached Terms of Reference for more details
- Interested candidates who meet the eligibility criteria may apply along with:
- Application in the prescribed format (Can be downloaded from http://www.kgumsb.edu.bt/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/employent-form.pdf)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic transcripts
- Preference will be given to candidates with relevant qualification / training and work experience.
- Short listed candidates will be called for selection interview/selection examination.
- An applicant shall be disqualified from appearing in the selection interview if he/she has failed to furnish testimonials as required above.
- Short listed candidate must produce the original documents during the time of interview.
Application along with the above mentioned documents must reach the KGUMSB Secretariat on or before 9th February 2018 before 4 P.M. For further information contact Ms. Anjana Pradhan @ 02-328999/990/997 (124) during office hours.
(Dr. Tashi Tobgay)
RELDRI ACADEMY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE DEAN
The terms and conditions are as follows;
Dean shall be first placed in EX – 3 position.
- Provide administrative and academic leadership to ensure that the institute’s activities are in line with the overall vision, mission, and goals of the institute
- Formulate policies, strategies and academic development plans for the institute to increase enrolment and expansion of the courses
- Manage all administrative, academic, human resource and disciplinary issues relating to the faculty, employee and students
- Ensure the quality of teaching to meet the national requirements as per the University of Medical Sciences Act of Bhutan – 2012 and Bhutan Medical and Health Council.
- Maintain internal quality assurance system as per Bhutan Accreditation Council
- Delegate responsibilities to the faculty employee as necessary
- Ensure proper utilization and safe keeping of the infrastructure, equipment and other properties of the institute
- Undertake measure to safeguard the health and safety of the institute, employee and students
- Ensure enabling environment for optimal teaching and learning activities
- Promote team spirit and team coherence amongst the faculty members
- Represent the institute in the Company’s board meetings
- Represent the institute along with the board member(s) in the important meetings with the affiliated university and relevant stakeholders
- Facilitate and preside over the conduct of various faculty committees, sub-committees for effective decision-making and governance of the institute
- Contribute to teaching at least one module
- Liaison, develop and maintain institutional linkages both within and outside the country
- Strengthen and promote the reputation and profile of the institute through appropriate channel of communication
- Carry out any other additional responsibilities advised by the board
FINANCE AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Plan, develop and propose the institute’s annual budgets including revenue generation schemes
- Provide overall responsibility for mobilization and utilization of funds and resources for the institute
- Prepare and submit half yearly progress report on the financial status and academic activities of the institute to CEO and Company’s board
- Exercise full financial power and sanction finances for the institute within the approved budget and agreed financial ceiling
- Facilitate in financial auditing
The Dean shall be accountable to report following to the CEO of the company:
- Prepare and submit half yearly progress report on the financial status and academic activities
- Supervision of maintenance of account, academic and financial records
- Compliance to statutory audits
- Yearly budget planning
- Student enrolment status
- Performance status of the faculty and support staff of the institute
- Personal initiatives and performance status to facilitate in performance evaluation
- Increase and maintain at least 30 students enrolment per batch by 2nd year of appointment, and try to achieve enrolment target of 50 students per batch
- The term will be for an initial period of 3 year with possibilities of extension based on performance.
- Renewal of duration thereafter shall be based on the mutual agreement and consent
REMUNERATION, BENEFITS AND DEDUCTION
- Monthly consolidated salary of Nu. 75,000/- (inclusive of Dean’s allowance of Nu.5000)
- A minimum yearly increment of 5% subject to increase in enrolment up to 30 students per batch and good performance. The yearly increment for increase in enrolment above 30 students shall be based on the negotiation
- Free accommodation, electricity and water will be provided
- LTC as per the company’s service rule.
- TA/ DA as per the company’s service rule (Ex-3 level)
- Mandatory deduction of PIT and health tax shall be borne by the individual
- The management shall facilitate professional development in terms of attending workshops, seminars and conferences
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION
- A minimum qualification of MSc/MPH/MD, preferably with Nursing background
- A minimum of 10 years overall working experience including at least 3 years management experiences
SUPPORT FROM THE AFFILIATED UNIVERSITY (KGUMSB)
- The Position of the Dean shall be based on the open competition
- Selection of Dean shall be carried out with panel members from the Company and the University
- If the faculty of affiliated University applies and selected, he/she will be seconded for a term of 3 years
- The service of the seconded employee from the affiliated University will be considered active
- His/her service will be protected in the affiliated University
- His/her service obligation or bond if any shall be carried over and seconded term shall be deducted accordingly
- There shall be no obligations at the University after the completion of the seconded term